The fourth YFC Runway Run launches May 26, with 400 runners taking off in support of mental health! This popular 5k has sold out once again, but we want the whole community to come join in on the fun, so we’re offering free admission and parking for the family-friendly community day and aviation expo.
- Saturday May 26.
- 10am – 2pm.
- Admission is free and donations to the Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick are welcomed.
- Parking is free courtesy of the Fredericton International Airport Authority. We encourage carpooling as we expect demand to be high.
- Open to everyone! This is a family-friendly event, so all ages are welcome. You do not need to be running the YFC Runway Run to attend the expo.
A full day of fun
- YFC Runway Run Gold Sponsor WestJet will be on site! Check out their booth to buy your ticket for the draw to win a trip for two to anywhere WestJet flies. Proceeds go to the Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick (CMHA of NB).
- You’ll be able to go airside on the apron – a restricted area that the public do not usually have access to. This means you’ll get to see aircraft up close, talk to pilots, and watch the runners as they take off and come back into the finish line.
- Capital FM radio will be broadcasting LIVE on site.
- There will be face-painting for the kids (or adults!).
- Try out the flight simulators.
- Hop in the Go-Go Gymnastics bouncy castle.
- There is a café in the airport terminal, and Monks & Jonesie Food Truck will also be on site with some delicious options for hungry runners & the public. A portion of the sales from the food truck will go to the CMHA of NB.
See aircraft up close
The Canadian Owners and Pilots Association (Flight 2) has been busy organizing a static aviation display for the expo! Get to see aircraft up close and talk to the pilots, too.
Although plans can always change at the last minute due to weather (or, in the case of emergency response helicopters/vehicles, if they’re called to assist in an emergency), these are a few of the aircraft & vehicles you can expect to see on the apron May 26:
- Piper Warrior
- Cessna 150
- Piper Cherokee
- Robinson Helicopter
- Schweizer Helicopter
- Pipistrel Ultralight
And, this 1930’s technology radial aircraft engine, which powered the Avenger torpedo bombers during and after WWII will be on hand as well. It was rebuilt to running condition and has been on exhibit in the Eastern Provinces and Maine for various aviation meets and fly ins for the past two years.
Follow YFC Runway Run for updates
For info and updates on the day of the event, please follow the YFC Runway Run Twitter account. The organising committee will be updating that account regularly during the event.
See more photos from the first two events on the YFC Runway Run Facebook page.
The aviation expo is hosted by the Fredericton International Airport, and we would like to acknowledge the incredible support of the Canadian Owners and Pilots Association Flight 2 in making this amazing day happen. An additional thank you to the Capital City Road Runners and the Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick for their support in the organization of the expo and accompanying YFC Runway Run!