COVID-19 testing is now available at the Fredericton International Airport, providing convenient access for travellers headed to destinations requiring proof of a negative test result.
“Travellers have been asking for a convenient way to access the COVID-19 tests that are required for many destinations, and we’re pleased to welcome Distribution Ad Valorem to provide this extra service right here at the airport,” says Fredericton International Airport Authority President and CEO Johanne Gallant.
The testing service is a 12-week pilot project provided by a private company, Distribution Ad Valorem, and tests will be administered on site at the airport by Soins PROXYMA Care Clinic. Initially the test site will be open 5am – 11am Monday – Saturday, however additional times may be offered depending on the demand for the service.
“As borders are gradually opening up to travellers, demand for international flights is skyrocketing. Although there are some borders easing, airport authorities have in recent months strengthened health measures to create a safe environment for travellers. We are proud to be part of this economic recovery in the country by facilitating access to testing for COVID-19 in Fredericton International Airport,” says Distribution Ad Valorem President Marie-Pierre Beaubien.
Distribution Ad Valorem is offering three different test options (antigen testing, molecular testing, and PCR testing), with costs ranging from $149 to $299 (plus HST). Test results are available in 15 minutes to 48 hours depending on the option chosen, and travellers will receive a certificate confirming the test result, date and time of the test, and their passport number.
Travellers are advised to check requirements at their destination carefully prior to booking their test, as each country may have different conditions for entry.
To book a COVID-19 test at the Fredericton International Airport, visit www.distributionadvalorem.com or call (506) 385-1316.
- Testing service is provided by a private business, Distribution Ad Valorem and tests will be administered on site at the airport by Soins PROXYMA Care Clinic
- Three test options are available: antigen testing, molecular testing, and PCR testing
- Time for results varies from 15 minutes to 48 hours depending on the option
- Cost ranges from $149 to $299 (plus HST)
- The cost includes a certificate confirming date and time of testing, test result and passport number.
- Hours of service are 8 am – 3 pm, Monday – Saturday. Please note that PCR tests are available Monday – Thursday.
- Testing centre is located near the Arrivals hall of the Fredericton International Airport
About the Fredericton International Airport
With a brand-new terminal building and a track record as the fastest growing airport in the Maritimes over the past decade, the Fredericton International Airport (YFC) is ready to reconnect New Brunswickers with the world. Serving central and Western New Brunswick, including the capital city, Fredericton, YFC offers flights to Canadian hubs and sun destinations and is home to over 20 companies employing more than 300 New Brunswickers.