The Fredericton International Airport Authority Inc. is only responsible for recruitment of positions within its organization. Employment opportunities with any of our business partners, such as airlines, concessions, security, etc. are handled by each separate organization, which must be contacted directly.
As for our own employees, FIAA is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment with compensation packages equal to or better than other airports of our size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for any position for which they meet the requirements.
Airport Building Maintenance (ABM) 3 Month Term
Reporting to Director of Infrastructure the ABM performs troubleshooting, inspection, installation and repair of a variety of complex mechanical equipment and systems. The ABM is responsible for detecting and diagnosing correct operating parameters such as pressures, temperatures, time ranges, concentration levels; adjusting and regulating equipment through the use of the central and local control panels to ensure the comfort and safety of facility users and to minimize downtime of equipment; implementing procedures for the proper use and care of tools and equipment and the storage, inventory, and cost-effective use of supplies, and safety. A detailed copy of the job description is available through the Human Resources & Administration Manager.
Terms of Employment: Term employment, 3 months.
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature.
- Coordinating a variety of contractors.
- Setting priorities, which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Working as part of a team; collaborating with colleagues to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Analyzing information, problems and situations to define the problem or objective; identify relevant concerns or factors; identify patterns, tendencies and relationships; formulate logical and objective conclusions; and recognize alternatives and their implications.
- Knowledge of the operations of a wastewater treatment facility.
- Working knowledge of airport industry and associated regulations is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits and motors.
- Computer use and Computer Aided Design (CAD) capability is an asset.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of building mechanical systems and equipment, safety practices and procedures around operating mechanical systems, plus knowledge of building mechanical systems theory.
- Working knowledge of carpentry practices, painting and piping and the ability to read and when required, modify drawings.
- Familiarity with Workplace Hazardous Materials, and the ability to work safely with environmentally sensitive chemicals such as solvents, coolants, degreasers, etc.
- Class one water distribution and water treatment.
- Technical school training and/or experience in the construction and maintenance industry.
- Driver’s licence, minimum Class 5.
- Working knowledge of daily inspection and basic maintenance processes of a variety of mobile equipment, communication equipment and two-way radio.
- First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Document use.
- Oral communication.
- Working with others.
- Thinking skills.
- Computer use.
- Working independently.
- Read documents written in Standard English text (e.g. manuals).
- Write concise, logical, grammatically correct reports.
- Speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Security Clearance required. Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
Applications must be received at one of the following addresses:
Fredericton International Airport Authority
c/o Human Resources & Administration Manager
2570 Route 102 Hwy, Unit 22
Lincoln, New Brunswick E3B 9G1 Canada
Note: We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.