The Fredericton International Airport terminal is one level, with curbside drop off the entire length of the building, and surface parking adjacent to the building. As such, moving sidewalks, people movers, escalators/elevators etc. are not required. The Fredericton International Airport Authority administration office is located on the 2nd level, and an elevator is available.
Assistance from the counter to the aircraft is provided by the airline. If assistance is required, please make arrangements in advance with your airline. Contact information available here.
The Fredericton International Airport provides curb-to-counter accessibility, with prior arrangement with the Corp of Commissionaires at 506-460-0925.
If you require assistance for mobility, and are driven to YFC by friends or family, curbside drop-off is available for assistance to the sidewalk. Vehicles will have to be parked in the lot, however, and not left unattended at this curb.
Click here for a parking lot map that identifies curbside locations as well as designated accessible parking spots.
If you require a personal escort through the airport, including security, please make arrangements for a guest pass in advance by contacting the Corp of Commissionaires at 506-460-0925.
Fredericton International Airport provides 14 accessible parking spaces in our parking lot. The lot is located at ground level close to the terminal. Click HERE for parking lot map.
Airport Terminal details
Hours of Operation
FIAA Administration Office operates Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Hours for the terminal building vary according to flight demands. Typically, this means the airport opens 1.5 hours prior to the first flight of the day, and closes after last flight is completed and all passengers/crew have departed.
- Public washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Water fountains are wheelchair accessible and have braille.
- All doors are automatic. Entrances are button activated.
- Security waiting rooms have wheelchair locations.
- The Fredericton International Airport has hard surface flooring throughout, no carpets.
- Wheelchairs are available through your airline (airline contact information here).
- Airline check-in kiosks are wheelchair accessible.
- ATM machines are wheelchair accessible.
- Payphones with TTY service available in the Arrivals area.
- Free WIFI is available throughout the terminal.
- The Café area has moveable chairs and tables, and can easily be arranged to allow wheelchair access.
- All tenants are ground floor, with barrier-free access.
- Flight information is published on monitors/screens.
- Flight information is announced on the Public-Address system in both French and English.
- The Commissionaires are located at ground level, next to security screening areas, and are available for information or assistance.
The Fredericton International Airport is a small airport, and CATSA representatives are always willing and able to assist passengers as needed. If assistance is required, please arrive at the airport as far in advance of your flight as possible, to allow CATSA time to assist.
Fredericton International Airport provides a designated relieving area for service animals near the Arrivals exit. Click HERE for a map.
Medical and Emergency Services
- Fredericton International Airport has emergency personnel on-site 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Medical assistance can be provided as needed.
- Fire alarms are both audible and visual.
- Public announcements are made in both English & French.