Smooth Start to Terminal Expansion Project
The Fredericton International Airport’s ambitious renovations got underway in May, kicking off one of the biggest projects in our history.
This major terminal expansion is possible thanks to our partners, the Government of Canada and the Province of New Brunswick. The Fredericton International Airport Authority, a not-for-profit organization with a record of sound financial management, is the largest funder of the project. The FIAA will cover 40 per cent of costs, with government generously contributing the rest.
Thanks also to our passengers and visitors, whose cooperation has helped for a smooth transition as we’ve temporarily relocated check-in, car rentals, and parking during Phase 1 of construction.
Inside the terminal, it’s business as usual here at YFC. Facilities and services such as the cafe and security are open and ready to serve you. And our flight schedules are unaffected. In fact, we’ve recently expanded your options for connections and same-day travel to Toronto, as WestJet now offers an earlier direct daily morning flight.
If you’re flying in or out of the Fredericton International Airport soon, here’s what you need to know:
- Departures/Check-in: The entrance for departures has moved to the opposite end of the terminal. Once inside, the check-in counters are located to the left (WestJet and Porter) and right (Air Canada). After check-in, simply follow the signs to baggage drop-off and security.
- Car rentals: The car rental counters have temporarily relocated. You will now exit the Arrivals door, and turn to the right, where you will see car rentals in a temporary kiosk just outside the terminal building. See the new location on our map.
- Drop-off, pick-up, taxis: The road in front of the terminal is closed. Passenger drop-off and pick-up are located where short-term parking used to be, directly in front of the terminal’s former main entrance. This is also where taxis now park.
- Parking: All parking, both short-term and long-term, is located in the long-term parking lot. Rates for parking remain the same.
- Arrivals: For passengers arriving at YFC, arrival location and baggage remains the same. Upon entering the terminal, the luggage belt is located to the right. The exit is straight ahead, as before. Should you need to speak with your airline for any reason (for example, to report lost baggage), please proceed to the temporary departures/check-in area, where the airline desks are now located.
Check out our handy wayfinding video to walk you through the changes.
And here’s a map showing the temporary location of parking, check-in, car rental companies, and more.
We’ve posted lots of new wayfinding signage throughout the terminal to guide you. And anyone who works at the airport will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Thanks for your patience as we build for the future.
For more on YFC’s terminal expansion project:
- Sign up for the YFC newsletter for updates on this project and other YFC news.
- Follow YFC on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.