YFC Runway Run Expo – a fun day for the whole family
On May 23, the Fredericton International Airport is hosting the inaugural YFC Runway Run. The run itself sold out in just 6 weeks, but we want to make sure everyone had a chance to take part in the fun, so the Organizing Committee has planned an awesome day filled with activities for everyone!
A full day of fun
- Fredericton’s newest airline WestJet will be on site.
- Ginger Design are running a photo booth – get a shot with your medal after the race for free!
- Science East, always a hit with the kids, will be here.
- Capital FM will be broadcasting LIVE on site.
- Look for the fun Harvest Jazz & Blues booth!
- Delta Fredericton are bringing their gourmet hot dog stand. Funds raised go to the Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick.
- There will be face-painting for the kids (or adults!). It will be by donation, and any funds raised go to CMHA of NB.
See aircraft up close
The Canadian Owners and Pilots Association (Flight #2) has been busy organizing a static aviation display for the expo! Get to see aircraft up close and talk to the pilots, too.
Although plans can always change at the last minute due to weather (or, in the case of emergency response helicopters/vehicles, if they’re called to assist in an emergency), these are a few of the aircraft & vehicles you can expect to see on the apron May 23:
- Piper Cherokee from the Fredericton Flying Club
- Piper Warrior
- Cessna 182 representing the Civil Air Search and Rescue Association
- Aircraft Rescue Vehicle from 5 CDSB Gagetown (The YFC ARV’s will also be here, but are on duty so will not be accessible to the public)
- Griffon helicopter from 403 Squadron at 5 CDSB Gagetown
- Diamond Eclipse from Moncton Flight College
- Expo runs 10am – 3pm
- Admission is free
- The public are invited – this is a family-friendly event, so all ages are welcome
- All proceeds from the run and the expo activities go to support mental health in our community.
- Parking fees are being waived by the Fredericton International Airport; donations to the Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick are encouraged. We encourage carpooling as we expect demand to be high.
- You’ll be able to go airside on the apron – a restricted area that the public do not usually have access to. This is really neat because it means you’ll get to see aircraft up close, and watch the runners as they take off and come back into the finish line! It’s important that no food, liquids, or litter are taken out onto the apron, as any loose objects are a hazard to aircraft. If you drop anything, please pick it up, or if it’s blown away, let one of the staff or volunteers know so that it can be found.