From airports to airlines to Transport Canada, everyone involved in your air travel experience is working to help you stay healthy.
You can help by following these requirements:
Only people who are traveling or working in the airport terminal should enter the terminal building.
- If you are accompanying a minor or a person who requires assistance, please see the commissionaires.
- If you are waiting to pick up an arriving passenger, short-term parking is free. Please wait in your car and ask the traveller to meet you there.
Masks are required inside the airport terminal.
Exceptions to this requirement are:
- children under the age of two;
- people who provide a medical certificate certifying that they are unable to wear a face mask for a medical reason; and
- people who need help to remove a mask.
Physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) is required inside the airport terminal.
Travellers entering New Brunswick are required by the Province of New Brunswick’s declaration of a state of emergency to self-isolate for 14 days. In addition, all unnecessary travel into New Brunswick is prohibited, and peace officers are authorized to turn anyone away when they attempt to enter. The Province of New Brunswick’s Travel Registration form should be completed prior to travelling. Please note that there are currently restrictions on who may enter the province and Public Health officers are screening passengers on arrival.
How you can help prevent viruses, including COVID-19, from spreading
To reduce the spread of coronavirus, the Public Health Agency of Canada recommends following the same precautionary measures as you would to help prevent the spread of cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs.
- Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.