From airports to airlines to Transport Canada, everyone involved in your air travel experience is working to help you stay healthy.
You can help by following these requirements:
Masks are required inside the airport terminal.
Exceptions to this requirement are:
- children under the age of two;
- people who provide a medical certificate certifying that they are unable to wear a face mask for a medical reason; and
- people who need help to remove a mask.
How you can help prevent viruses, including COVID-19, from spreading
To reduce the spread of coronavirus, the Public Health Agency of Canada recommends following the same precautionary measures as you would to help prevent the spread of cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs.
- Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.