Airlines, airports, and Transport Canada are working together to keep travellers and airport workers healthy.
- Air operators must conduct a health check of travellers before they can board an aircraft with 10 or more seats within Canada.
- Air Canada, WestJet, Porter, and Sunwing have enhanced cleaning and screening programs in place.
- CBSA is the agency responsible for screening travellers entering Canada from international locations, and they have implemented enhanced screening measures at points of entry to Canada.
- COVID-19 testing is now available at the Fredericton International Airport, providing convenient access for travellers headed to destinations requiring proof of a negative test result.
Here at YFC we’ve added or enhanced procedures and will continue to evolve these processes as needed:
- We have increased cleaning throughout the terminal, with a heightened focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations at key terminal locations.
- Regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at check-in and boarding counters.
- Reminder signage has been installed to assist travellers ensuring proper physical distancing.
- We have posted information regarding precautionary measures that can be taken by the public in key areas of the terminal.
- Masks are required at all times inside the terminal building.