Airlines, airports, and Transport Canada are working together to keep travellers and airport workers healthy.
- Air operators must conduct a health check of travellers before they can board an aircraft with 10 or more seats within Canada.
- Both Air Canada and WestJet have enhanced cleaning and screening programs in place.
- CBSA is the agency responsible for screening travellers entering Canada from international locations, and they have implemented enhanced screening measures at points of entry to Canada.
Here at YFC we’ve added or enhanced procedures and will continue to evolve these processes as needed:
- We have increased cleaning throughout the terminal, with a heightened focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations at key terminal locations.
- Regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at check-in and boarding counters.
- Only travellers, employees, and deliveries are permitted inside the terminal building.
- Reminder signage has been installed to assist travellers ensuring proper physical distancing.
- We have posted information regarding precautionary measures that can be taken by the public in key areas of the terminal.
- Masks are required at all times inside the terminal building.