The Fredericton International Airport (YFC) was the first airport in New Brunswick to receive recognition of its health and safety measures through the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation programme in 2020, and has now achieved the designation for a second year.
“The health and safety of our travellers and airport workers has always come first here at YFC. This accreditation is one part of our commitment to healthy travel and demonstrates our continued dedication to globally recognized health standards,” says Johanne Gallant, President and CEO of the Fredericton International Airport Authority.
ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation program is a worldwide standard evaluating individual airports’ adherence to health measures and procedures introduced in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with ICAO Council Aviation Recovery Task Force recommendations.
YFC’s Healthy Travel program includes:
- COVID-19 testing available at the airport for travellers headed to international destinations,
- airport workers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption,
- enhanced and more frequent cleaning and sanitization including daily disinfection with electrostatic spray system,
- masks are required inside the terminal building,
- signage and modifications to queuing areas to encourage physical distancing,
- additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the airport,
- signage reinforcing the importance of proactive health measures such as handwashing,
- a comprehensive communications plan to ensure travellers are aware of the precautions in place,
- continuously working to identify and implement new measures to reduce touchpoints and enhance health, and
- working closely with our partners at the airport to ensure consistent adherence to health measures.
During your journey, federal and provincial governments have mandated additional measures to ensure healthy travel, including:
With a brand-new terminal building and a track record as the fastest growing airport in the Maritimes over the past decade, the Fredericton International Airport (YFC) is ready to reconnect New Brunswickers with the world. Serving central and Western New Brunswick, including the capital city, Fredericton, YFC offers flights to Canadian hubs and sun destinations and is home to over 20 companies employing more than 300 New Brunswickers.